We are pleased to announce the full line-up and jury of the Hivos Tiger Awards Competition. During IFFR 2016 eight films will compete for two different prizes.
The following films have been selected to compete in this year s revamped Hivos Tiger Awards Competition:
- The Land of the Enlightened – Pieter-Jan De Pue (Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland, Germany, European première)
- Motel Mist – Prabda Yoon (Thailand, world première)
- Oscuro animal – Felipe Guerrero (Colombia, Argentinia, The Netherlands, Germany, Greece, world première)
- Radio Dreams – Babak Jalali (USA, world première)
- La última tierra – Pablo Lamar (Paraguay, The Nederlands, Chile, Qatar, world première)
- Where I Grow Old – Marília Rocha (Brazil, Portugal, world première)
- A Woman, a Part – Elisabeth Subrin (USA, world première)
- History s Future – Fiona Tan (The Netherlands, world première)
The Hivos Tiger Award is accompanied by a €40,000 cash prize, to be shared between the director and producer of the winning film. A Special Jury Award worth €10,000 will also be presented for an exceptional artistic achievement within the competition. Previously, some fifteen films competed for three equal prizes of €15,000.